Re: [PATCH] clk: Use a separate struct for holding init data.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Mike Turquette <mturquette@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] clk: Use a separate struct for holding init data.
- From: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:14:45 +0800
- Cc: Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Saravana Kannan <skannan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Lunn <andrew@xxxxxxx>, Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jamie Iles <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Kerr <jeremy.kerr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Magnus Damm <magnus.damm@xxxxxxxxx>, Deepak Saxena <dsaxena@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-arm-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Arnd Bergman <arnd.bergmann@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-arm-msm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rob Herring <rob.herring@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Russell King <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Zhao <richard.zhao@xxxxxxxxxx>, Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Walmsley <paul@xxxxxxxxx>, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Boyd <sboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Amit Kucheria <amit.kucheria@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <20120502015650.GE17311@gmail.com>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 06:56:50PM -0700, Mike Turquette wrote:
> I could use some suggestions on the best way to resolve the merge issues
> we have currently. It appears that we have three bases that platforms
> need to port over the common clk framework:
> Russell's clkdev
> Arnd's arm-soc
> My clk-next branch
> I was happy to push my changes to Linus directly (as discussed in
> previous mails) but I'm starting to think that maybe having Arnd absorb
> the clk-next branch as part of arm-soc would be the fastest way to
> assist platforms that are porting over.
> Do the platform folks agree? Is this suggestion sane?
As one of the people who are working on platform porting, I'm not
concerned about the path that clk core goes to Linus, but the time
when we have a stable clk core branch appears on arm-soc either as
a dependency or a downstream tree. Once we have stable branches for
both rmk's clkdev and clk core appear on arm-soc, we can start asking
Arnd to pull platform porting.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-arm-msm" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
[Linux ARM Kernel]
[Linux for Sparc]
[Asterisk Internet PBX]