Google
  Web www.spinics.net

Re: Preventing SSH timeouts . Some clarification needed

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> query wrote:
>
>> okay..Thanks for the clarification . Since the host sometimes
>> continues to remain busy for around 2 hours ,
>
> Busy to the point that ssh/sshd doesn't get *any* CPU time for 2
> hours? Either you're misunderstanding something, or that's a seriously
> misconfigured server.

That is my misunderstanding only .The CPU is 100% busy but it is not
that all the 100% is being utilized by our process and no other
process is getting the CPU time.  I will calculate an optimal value by
going through once more over the system during the peak CPU
utilization .
But I am still confused who is terminating the connection in our case
and on how is calculating the timeout value.
AS you mentioned in your first comment that it the kernel who is
terminating the connection , but based on what it is terminating
the connection . As you said earlier , Keep-alive allows us to detect
that a host is unreachable (e.g.
network failure, system crash, power failure, etc) , It is not going
to kill sshd ,

Apologies for repeating the same question , but I am still confused
regarding this.

Thanks
Zaman



>
> In general, processes which need a lot of CPU cycles should have a
> lower priority than those which need little. The relative "importance"
> of processes doesn't matter here. A system where the key process gets
> 95% CPU while support processes get the other 5% is preferable to one
> where the key process gets 100% CPU and support processes are
> suspended for long periods.
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-admin" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html


[Linux Newbie]     [Audio]     [Hams]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Util Linux NG]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Photo]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Device Drivers]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Git]     [Linux Resources]     [Fedora Users]

Add to Google Powered by Linux