Re:how tell what specific device is sending an interrupt?

If I am not mistaken, you know the device because you (or the system) have configured it to use a particular interruption. I think that it works like a map structure, where an interruption is associated with a specific device. In my graduation I have worked with simple interruption system, where lower interruption numbers had higher precedences. So, it would be wise to associate high throughtput devices (like HDs) to low int. numbers, and left mouses and keyboards to higher numbers. However, I am not sure if Linux operates this way.

Hope that helps, and I am available to more explanations as necessary.

Gustavo Serra
Bsc. Computer Science

-