Re: What version should I choose?

Beginner wrote:

Hi,

I have a HP Proliant server and with Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) installed. When I visit the HP site to check out drivers and software the offering are for either RH Enterprise 3 or 4. Can I assume that drivers created for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 will be suitable for FC 4? Is the any correlation between the Enterprise versions and the FC releases? I don't expect any drivers or software i get to be "supported" but if I want to use, say the system management software to monitor the RAID, should i try the one intended for Enterprise 4?

Thanx.
Dp.

Hi, Dp.:

I would lean toward comparing kernel versions rather than distribution versions.

Chuck

-