Re: samba: unreachable - admin prohibited

On Fri, July 29, 2005 12:33 pm, Dermot Paikkos wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2005 at 11:25, Scott Taylor wrote:
>

>> Dermot Paikkos said:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > The one area I am not sure about is the firewall. I left this
>> > enabled during the install of redhat. The iptables are listed at the
>> > end of this mail. portscan shows 139 running with netbios-ssn so I
>> > am not sure if this means traffic is allowed through or not.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> I don't see any SMB or NMB allowed in your IPTABLES rulez.
>>
> I guess the next question is how do I add a rule for smb and nmb or
> can I just turn it off to confirm that this is the source of the
> problem?

Firewall rules are set in the "setup" program in your distro, if I recall
correctly. To check if the firewall is indeed the culprit, try this:
/usr/sbin/iptables -F

That will wipe the firewall temporarily, not including the NAT and mangle
tables (in case your box works as a gateway). To clean the NAT and mangle
tables too, use these:
/usr/sbin/iptables -t nat -F
/usr/sbin/iptables -t mangle -F

-