Minimum RAM for ELKS?

Hi,

I'm planning to fiddle with ELKS on an 8086 system at some time in the
near future. The system has very minimal RAM (~200k). Does anyone have
any idea (or even better, experience) about ELKS in such a low RAM
configuration?  I realise that I'll probably not get much more than the
kernel booting, as other software running will require more RAM than I have.

Getting to the stage where ELKS boots and my application prints "I'm
alive!" over the serial port is my first target.

cheers,
Dave

[Kernel]     [Linux ia64]     [DCCP]     [Linux for ARM]     [Linux]     [Photo]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Architecture]     [Linux SCSI]     [Linux Hams]

Add to Google Powered by Linux