Re: EDE Elk´s

You are right, Patrick was a great help. He even made an effort to
scan the original Toshiba 1100+ manual for me because it wasnt working
at all for me :) Thanks Patrick.

And "pfengland" (sorry dude, don't know your name) "Real programmers
use cat to edit files" :)
have you tried pico or joe or ed. I have not so I am just enquiring.
I have some questions for you, did you install as86 and ld86
separately or did it come with your ELKS root image install ?

To burn the Toshiba DOS files on the floppy, I would suggest using
rawrite programs for windows. U can also use dd on linux but i havent
tried that.
I have also found a version of Elisa - the Lisp program wihch talks to
u- and ran it on the toshiba 1100+ successfully :)

There are other things people on this group can try, there is this
kernel called Movitz which is a Lisp kernel written for the x86
processor. I have run it on Bochs (open source Virtual machine
software) but not on Toshiba1100+ yet.. maybe i willl play around .

If you ever get your development environment running, or even if it is
partially running could you and everyone else who has been successful
in doing that please post some instructions :) It would save us a lot
of time if we want to do it and we can collaborate more in creating
applications for ELKS or any other 8086 clone.

Thanks and regards
Vikas

-