Re: ModemData txt

Victor,

A USB modem which uses the open source Linux drivers should be fine.
A quick test is that:
$ sudo wvdiaconf
should find the modem.

The problem is that many "in the box" modems   will not report which
chipset is used.
And a while a Conexant USB may be specified as Linux compatible, the
Linux drivers from LINUXANT.com  and Agere/LSI  USB modem drivers are
no longer being updated.

So be sure to get a modem you can return if it does not function under Linux.
I cannot recommend any particular one.

MarvS