Re: Data/fax modem problems installing

Dear Ken,

Your modem may be supported by intel-536/537 code.

Last code you may try:

http://vouters.dyndns.org/Intel/intel-536EP-537EP_2012_07_10.tar.bz2

If the code does not compile please check this page:

http://vouters.dyndns.org/Intel/Intel-Readme.html

Most Notably:
<quote>

SUPPORT:

Since the advent of Fedora 18, this work is no longer maintained.
There reasons for it are two-fold:
- too many upward incompatibilities brought in by by both Fedora and Linus
Torvald.
- two low demand and too high effort cost to maintain the code.

As a conclusion for you, demands to have this work upgraded will be taken into
consideration. However the work done will be charged on an actual time spent
basis. The hourly charged rate is currently set to 100 euros per spent hours.
</quote>

For the longest time, Phillipe has been very helpful and considerate
and we value his contributions to many linmodem users across the
world, since there are few folks now using dialup/faxes,  and many
changes to the linux kernel make these things necessary to reconsider.
 Hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Antonio