dgcmodem under 3.8.n

Olemis

I took the risk (without hardship) of installing linux-image-3.8.n and
companion linux-headers under my otherwise Ubuntu Precise 3.2.n kernel
system

To get the dgcmodem compile progressing, it was necessary to manually
set symbolic links for autoconf.h and version.h within in the
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.8.n .

While the first stage compile of driver.o  completed, the 2nd stage
conversion to a driver.ko  failed.
The failure case was a missing asm/system.h
For both 3.2.n and 3.8.n  linux-headers, there is no system.h file
So at the moment, there is no explanation for the successful driver.ko
completion under 2.3.n but failure under 2.8.n

While traveling, I'll try to research this some more.
But the Linxunant staff should really be the  ones undating there own code.

MarvS
PS.  currently under a Macbook Air boot, as Broadcom wireless support
did not compile under 3.8 as yet.