Re: Agere Systems Lucent V.92 Data/Fax Modem (11c1:0620) and hylafax

Emmexx

RE
Dialout OK but upon FAX initiation: Modules linked in:  numerous modules

This is typically a lethal condition.  It indicates that something in
the evolving fax code has become incompatible with the modem fax code.
Unfortunately, the modem fax section is encrypted, and this is
consequently no way in which trouble shooting of your problem can be
effectively done.   The unofficial Linux support we once had from
Agere/LSI ceased years ago, and there is no one now updated the
encrypted code sections.

For relaible fax service, you had best install one of the (slightly
more expensive) hardware/ControllerChipset modems, with
3COM/USrobotics and Agere/LSI being two of the providers.

Thanks for your thorough testing and report.  At this time new modem
usage is almost nil and the last code updates are thus rarely tested
under current kernels.

Sincerely,

MarvS
scanModem maintainer