RE: Connecting serial based modem to Ubuntu via a PCI express multiport Serial board

Hi All,

I have been able to resolve this issue , hence would like to conclude this thread,.

I was provided the latest drivers by Moxa for my version of kernel. Although I had compiled the latest drivers provided by Moxa, I was still using the native driver. In Ubuntu, modprobe seems to pick-up the ko from
/lib/modules/3.2.0-33-generic/misc/mxser.ko
whereas the driver installed by moxa was at:
/lib/modules/3.2.0-33-generic/kernel/drivers/char/mxser.ko

After correcting this, I am able to open up the port which is on /dev/ttyMUE0 (depends on the cable connected - could be in between MUE0-MUE3), and talk to the modem.

Thanks for all the help!!!!

With regards,
Sirish