Re: Kevin Farringer, United States, kernel 3.2.0-32-generic

Kevin,

One of the modems, the LSI has a chance to work:

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 01:08.0:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Communication controller: LSI Corporation 56k WinModem "
CLASS=0780
PCIDEV=11c1:0442
SUBSYS=141b:9300
IRQ=10
IDENT=Agere.DSP

 For candidate modem in:  01:08.0
   0780 Communication controller: LSI Corporation 56k WinModem
      Primary device ID:  11c1:0442
 Support type needed or chipset:	Agere.DSP

 The modem has a Lucent/Agere/LSI Mars or Apollo DSP (digital signal
processing) chipset.
Support packages for 2.6.n kernels are at:
 http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/martian/
 http://packages.debian.org/sid/martian-modem-source/
Always use the most update for kernels after 2.6.20, currently
martian-full-20080625.tar.gz
For kernels 2.6.20 and less, usr martian-full-20080407.tar.gz.
There are corresponding packages for the Ubuntu distribution:
martian-modem - ltmodem alternative driver providing support for Agere WinModem
martian-modem-source - Source for the martian-modem driver

 See DOCs/AgereDSP.txt for Details.

You may safely try the martian-full-20080625.tar.gz modem code and see
if it compiles for you.  The other modem, the pctel would work in 32
bit linux:

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 01:08.0:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Modem: PCTel Inc HSP MicroModem 56 "
CLASS=0703
PCIDEV=134d:7890
SUBSYS=122d:0001
IRQ=16
IDENT=PCTEL

 For candidate modem in:  01:08.0
   0703 Modem: PCTel Inc HSP MicroModem 56
      Primary device ID:  134d:7890
 Support type needed or chipset:	PCTEL

    At http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux
 Get the pctel-0.9.7-9-rht-10.tar.gz
 Unpack under Linux with:
    tar zxf pctel*.tar.gz
 and read instuctions therein.
  Read DOCs/Pctel.txt and Modem/DOCs/YourSystem.txt for follow through guidance.

Best Regards,

Antonio