Re: Problem installing Agere Systems Lucent V.92 Data/Fax Modem in Ubuntu Natty

Lain,

First the Agere code is now several years since an official Agere/LSI
update of the Linux code, and if it works on anyones PC,  we are
lucky.

Secondly, in your particular case, there seems to be a conflict
between USB and modem functions.   If it is possible for you to
completely disable USB functions while using the modem, I can walk you
through how to work that out.

More broadly, you would best off achieving a non-modem COMM modality.

For disabling the USB sector,
Physically remove as much USB hardware/devices as possible.  There may
be some internal USB bridges which cannot be removed.
The folowing procedure is basically to display cogent drivers with:
$ lsmod | grep usb
Starting from the top of the list and working down, unload these drivers with:
$ sudo modprobe -r DriverName
Checking for success with:
$ lsmod | grep usb
When all are removed, you can then again test for modem functionality.

Good luck & report back

MarvS
scanModem maintainer