Fwd: Huawei E173 on FC17

The diagnostics were not decisive,  Please follow:
----

Many modems for which scanModem fails have Conexant chips.
 From http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/modemident.php
 get the ListModem tool, which will report on Conexant chipset modems

 If an alternative boot into Microsoft windows can be done, do mouse
clicks on:
   Start > Settings > Control Panel > Classical View (for Window XP) >
System
> Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Click on the + > Modem. Double click
expand the graphic. Manufacturer information may be displayed. For example,
CXT
stands for Conexant. Click the Diagnostics Tab. Record any hardware ID or
vendor
and device information. From the Driver Details TAB, copy out the VENdor and
DEVice information.
Next do the Query Modem and record the ATI specifications displayed such as:
    ATI3 - Agere SoftModem Version 2.1.22
    ATI5 - 2.1.22, AMR Intel MB, AC97 ID:SIL REV:0x27
Try to identify the modem setup file, with name perhaps MODEM.INF.
If may contain chipset Vendor informaton.

-----

The subsystem of

NAME="Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia "
CLASS=0403
PCIDEV=1002:4383
SUBSYS=103c:363f

------