Re: Still NO DIALTONE despite dialing your home phone number

Phillipe,

The illegitimate "linkage" between loaded modules typically blocks
functionality, at least that is our experience.  Sometimes this
problem can be alleviated by identifying the particular Open Source
module which is conflicting with the partially closed source modem
module/driver.

The procedure is to shutdown as much accessory functionality as possible,
then display the loaded modules with:   lsmod
>From the top of the Modules Listing, progressively unload with:
$ sudo modprobe -r ModuleName

Periodically check the effects with:
$ lsmod
and also loading the intel537 driver, with an accompanying check of
$ dmesg
to assess if the module Linking problem has been obviated.

If the Linking is thus avoided, it is worth again checking modem functionality

Marvin