Differences

Dear Andrew,

I now realize there are huge differences between a 536EP and 537 modem. Parts of the driver are ununsed within a 536EP driver. The hamregistry which is essential for a 537 modem is absolutely useless for a 536EP modem.

For a 537 modem, the up and down of signal is controlled by a timer. The timeouts depend upon the state of the modem. It happens I changed the way the timer was dealt with in coredrv/rts.c between an old version and the current. Because this is ununsed for a 536EP modem, I could not notice anything wrong.

Fortunately, you allowed me access to your computer and I can make test on a real 537EP modem. My work using your computer will benefit the whole Linmodems community.

I am deeply sorry to often crash or hang your computer and the troubles it causes you. This is unfortunately inevitable when dealing with drivers. My task is even more complicated as I inhiered Intel's binary code I can just disassemble.

--
Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
SIP: sip:Vouters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx