Re: USR USB Modem Install

Jonathan,

Evidently  the dgcmodem code is not kernel_version 3.2.x competent yet.
The compile fails at SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED calls, which are in:
dgcmodem-1.13$ sudo grep -R SPIN_LOCK *
usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules/GPL/oscompat.h:static spinlock_t tqueue_lock
__attribute__((unused)) = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED;
usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules/osdcp.c:static spinlock_t dcp_lock =
SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED;
usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules/mod_dgcusbdcp.c:static spinlock_t
dgcusbdcp_lock = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED;

For other code packages, fixes are described in:
http://hyperlogos.org/blog/drink/Mixman-DM2-Linux-SPIN-LOCK-UNLOCKED
http://groups.google.com/a/zfsonlinux.org/group/zfs-discuss/browse_thread/thread/a573e8d394643acc?pli=1
---
but it is not obvious how to apply these in the dgcmodem code.

MarvS