Installed kppp despite VoIP and played with

Dear Jacques, Wolfgang,

I just downloaded the adequate RPM for Fedora 16 containing kppp. From a root account, I ran strace over kppp. Because there are numerous open calls, I edited the file and searched for the "kppp" string.

First kppp attempts to open /root/.kde/share/config/kppprc. From this it knows what it must do, therefore directly proposing for me a connection my old tiscali provider. Next as I previously specified /dev/modem in this configuration, it opens /dev/modem and tries to connect. Because the modem is no longer connected to an analog phone line, kppp fails with a NO DIALTONE. So its sounds so far very sane.

Yours truly,
Philippe

[root@victor ~]# cat /root/.kde/share/config/kppprc
[Account0]
AccountingEnabled=0
AccountingFile=
Authentication=4
AutoDNS=1
AutoName=0
BeforeConnect=
BeforeDisconnect=
CallbackPhone=
CallbackType=0
Command=
DNS=
DefaultRoute=1
DisconnectCommand=
Domain=
ExDNSDisabled=0
Gateway=0.0.0.0
IPAddr=0.0.0.0
Name=tiscali
Password=100556
Phonenumber=0860015555
ScriptArguments=
ScriptCommands=
StorePassword=1
SubnetMask=0.0.0.0
Username=pvou0030@xxxxxxxxxx
VolumeAccountingEnabled=0
pppdArguments=debug

[General]
DefaultAccount=tiscali
DefaultModem=536EP
NumberOfAccounts=1
NumberOfModems=1
PPPDebug=0
QuitOnDisconnect=1
ShowLogWindow=0
pppdTimeout=60

[Graph]
Background=255,255,255
Enabled=true
InBytes=0,0,255
OutBytes=255,0,0
Text=0,0,0

[Modem0]
AnswerResponse=CONNECT
AnswerString=ATA
BusyResponse=BUSY
BusyWait=52
ConnectResponse=CONNECT
DLPResponse=DIGITAL LINE DETECTED
Device=/dev/modem
DialString=ATDT
Enter=CR/LF
EscapeGuardTime=255
EscapeResponse=OK
EscapeString=+++
FlowControl=Hardware [CRTSCTS]
HangUpResponse=OK
HangupString=+++ATH
InitDelay=73
InitResponse=OK
InitString=AT&F E0 Q0 X4 S0=0 &D2 &C1 &S0 V1 W2
InitString1=AT+GCI=3D
Name=536EP
NoCarrierResponse=NO CARRIER
NoDialToneDetection=ATX3