Re: Suse 12.1

Thomas

Also make sure that a SuSE equivalent of the two following
Debian/Ubuntu packages are installed, which are part of ALSA audio
support distribution.

libasound2 provides headers which are Included in the slmodemd compile
of the modem/ sub folder
libasound2-dev is additionally needed if the slmodemd is to support
the open source ALSA modem drivers included with kernel+modules

For the slamr.ko  driver you need, the additional ALSA support is not
needed in slmodemd,  The manual command to include ALSA support is
# make SUPPORT_ALSA=1

MarvS