Re: scanModem done than whats next? Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller

Sebastian,

A minimal test of your modem hardware is simple:
# wvdialconf
which should find and report capabilities of the modem.
Actual dialouts require an account with an Internet Provider.

Otherwise you are in the domain of Asterisk and should study its documentation.
To the best of my knowledge, none of us use it.
But per my  <<< below you modem should be capable.

MarvS
===============
 Asterisk is an Open Source PBX and telephony toolkit.  It is, in a
 sense, middleware between Internet and telephony channels on the bottom,
 and Internet and telephony applications at the top.
 .
 Asterisk can be used with Voice over IP (SIP, H.323, IAX and more) standards,
 or the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) through supported hardware.
 .
 Supported hardware:
 .
  * All Wildcard (tm) ISDN PRI cards from Digium (http://www.digium.com)
  * HFC-S/HFC-4S-based ISDN BRI cards (Junghanns.NET, beroNet, Digium etc.)
  * All TDM (FXO/FXS) cards from Digium
  * Various clones of Digium cards such as those by OpenVox
  * Xorcom Astribank USB telephony adapter (http://www.xorcom.com)
  * Voicetronix OpenPCI, OpenLine and OpenSwitch cards
  * CAPI-compatible ISDN cards (using the add-on package chan-capi)
  * Full Duplex Sound Card (ALSA or OSS) supported by Linux <<<<
  * Tormenta T1/E1 card (http://www.zapatatelephony.org)
  * QuickNet Internet PhoneJack and LineJack (http://www.quicknet.net)