Re: scanModem done than whats next? Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller

Thanks I have installed sl-modem-daemon and it created /dev/ttySL0 for
me. I probably should have mentioned this earlier but I want to use it
to learn how to configure and use Asterisk. But before that I would
like to verify that everything works. How can I make a call retrive
some information from the device or do actually anything? I have tried
to enter some AT commands like

echo "ATDT <my mobile phone number>" > /dev/ttySL0
or
modem-cmd /dev/ttySL0 ATD<number>
but it didn't worked at all