Re: scanModem done than whats next? Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller

Sebastian

re: Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM "
PCIDEV=8086:24c6
SUBSYS=1179:0001
IRQ=4
SLMODEMD_DEVICE=modem:1
Driver=snd-intel8x0m

All looks OK on your System.  Install the package sl-modem-daemon,
which will initiate your modem on bootup.  The default country is the
USA, so if you are elsewhere
# gedit /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
and change the COUNTRY setting

Thereafter  Root/Adm command
# wvdialconf
should find the modem and write /etc/wvdial.conf  .  With
# gedit  /etc/wvdial.conf
edit in your personal info, while removing the ;  < > symbols
and adding a line:
Carrier check = no
and SAVE
This does not have to be repeated.  Read
# man wvdial
for details

Starting a dialout requires Root/Adm permission, so:
# wvdial
or
$ sudo wvdial

MarvS