When IRQ is at #19

Patrick,

I am exploiting all informations you sent me. When your modem board interrupts at IRQ #19, you have this line your dmesg output:
[ 5123.808126] irq 19: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)
I do not know whether Linux booting with the irqpoll option will make a real difference for you.

After you have suppressed "_bh" at the two line lines I mentioned, rebuilt, uninstalled the old driver, reinstalled the new one with the two code changes and finally made all the tests I suggest, it might perhaps be worth giving the irqpoll option a try provided you keep your Tiger modem board in the same PCI slot.
--
Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)