Re: How to make EDGE USB Modem work in Linux?

Dehqan

1) Have you tried a simple:
$ sudo wvdialconf
or
$ sudo wvdialconf create
to check for modem detection?

2)
$ sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x05c6 product=0×0015
Something is wrong with the syntax here.
The 0x symbol pairs as displayed in my GMAIL are not identical: 0x  versus  0×
They should both be the same. My guess would be the 0x is correct
On my System:
$ sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x05c6 product=0x0015
is successful, though I don't have the matching USB hardware.
while your ERROR is reproduced with:
$ sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x05c6 product=0×0015

MarvS