Re: Run modem irg

Jack,

Sometimes by swapping the pci devices, one can change the IRQ.
scanModem reports that your modem is an agrsm that is potentially
supported under 32 bit linux.

Predictive  diagnostics for card in bus 00:0a.0:
	Modem chipset  detected on
NAME="Communication controller: Agere Systems V.92 56K WinModem "
CLASS=0780
PCIDEV=11c1:048c
SUBSYS=11c1:044c
IRQ=255
IDENT=agrsm

 For candidate modem in:  00:0a.0
   0780 Communication controller: Agere Systems V.92 56K WinModem
      Primary device ID:  11c1:048c
 Support type needed or chipset:	agrsm

 There is no agrsm software support for x86_64 systems, through the
modem may be
 supported on Intel/i386 installations, which do more slowly servce
x86_64 processors.

This last line tells us sadly that the modem has no support for x86_64
systems :(

I was hoping that the modem would be supported by the martian modem
drivers, but it is a different chipset.

Regards,

Antonio