Re: Wisecom Installation Issue (Nearly) Solved?

Jacques,
If you or Marvin should ever receive this e-mail, I have some updated information to give you about my Wisecom modem and USB cable.

Manufacturer: CIS (Wisecom)
Brand Name: Accelerator Pro
Device Type: Modem / ISDN
Model: FB WS-5614ES3KV
FCC ID: L4OWS-5614ES3
Interface: 25-Pin Serial Port (RS-232)
Chipset: Rockwell

As of 1999, this modem was known to be compatible with Linux, according to the Linux/Modem Compatibility Knowledge Base.

As for the cable I am trying to use, I purchased it from a company called Jameco Electronics. Called the USC-2000, this cable has a DB25M connector at the end, which I plugged into the DB25F connector located at the back of my modem.

If this information is useful, let me know.

Arthur