Re: Motorola SM56 - Ubuntu 11.04

Elven,

RE:  Potentially useful modem drivers now loaded are:
       snd_hda_intel   slamr
-------------------
slamr is already the correct driver for

Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem "
CLASS=0703
PCIDEV=1057:3052
SUBSYS=1057:3020

But for long term ease on your Ubuntu system, please install the
following packages and dependents as necessary:  sl-modem-daemon,
sl-modem-source, dkms
These can be searched out and downloaded from
http://packages.ubuntu.com or your
http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/

The sl-modem-daemon package has scripts to activate the modem and
setup desired symbolic links
After installation
$ sudo gedit /etc/default/sl-modem-daemon
and change the Country default from USA to BRAZIL
Then either reboot, OR
$ sudo /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon restart

The modem should be found by:
$ sudo wvdialconf
with
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
remove the symbols < > ;
put in your personal information,
add a line:
Carrier check = no
and Save

Then you should be able to dialout with:
$ sudo wvdial

installing the dksm and sl-modem-source packages will provide for
automatic slamr updates
whenever your kernel is updated.

Send any further questions to the List, not me directly.

MarvS