Re: agrsm-tools.deb update.

Marvin,

Up to the wvdialconf command, the text below was from the console -
after the wvdialconf command, the laptop froze - and I have attached a
picture of the screen - if you need better resolution, I can forward it.
I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ian

ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ sudo ./unloading

[: 10: -ne: unexpected operator
 These script shuts down support for Ethernet and Pcmcia and unloads
Non-essential modules.
 This is a pre-cautionary step when resource conflicts are suspected.
 The script is obvious and can be easily modified should you choose to
do so.

 Should you wish to avoid shutdown actions,
    Abort now with:     Ctrl-C
    or to continue:    Enterread: 23: arg count

There is an eth0, shutting it down
Ignoring unknown interface eth0=eth0.
ifdown: interface down not configured

With retention of power sensor and mouse drivers,
Initiating removals of unused modules with:
    modprobe -r ModuleName

    --  Action summary from file  Unload.txt ---
MODULES_INITIAL=agrserial agrmodem binfmt_misc vboxnetadp vboxnetflt
vboxdrv parport_pc ppdev vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia
snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep joydev
snd_pcm snd_seq_midi snd_rawmidi snd_seq_midi_event snd_seq snd_timer
snd_seq_device snd psmouse soundcore sis_agp snd_page_alloc lp serio_raw
uvcvideo videodev parport mos7840 usbserial video ahci sis190 libahci

    modprobe -r   on:     agrserial binfmt_misc vboxnetadp vboxnetflt
parport_pc ppdev vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep joydev snd_pcm snd_seq_midi
snd_timer snd soundcore sis_agp snd_page_alloc lp serio_raw uvcvideo
mos7840 video ahci sis190 libahci

MODULES_FINAL=binfmt_misc vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia
snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm
snd_timer snd psmouse soundcore snd_page_alloc ahci libahci

Bye

ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ sudo wvdialconf wvtest.conf
Editing `wvtest.conf'.

Scanning your serial ports for a modem.

Modem Port Scan<*1>: S0   S1   S2   S3   S4   S5   S6   S7
Modem Port Scan<*1>: S8   S9   S10  S11  S12  S13  S14  S15
Modem Port Scan<*1>: S16  S17  S18  S19  S20  S21  S22  S23
Modem Port Scan<*1>: S24  S25  S26  S27  S28  S29  S30  S31

Sorry, no modem was detected!  Is it in use by another program?
Did you configure it properly with setserial?

Please read the FAQ at http://alumnit.ca/wiki/?WvDial
ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ AAAAA

AAAAA: command not found
ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$
ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ sudo lsmod | grep 'agr*'
[sudo] password for ian:
snd_page_alloc         14073  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ sudo ./unloading

[: 10: -ne: unexpected operator
 These script shuts down support for Ethernet and Pcmcia and unloads
Non-essential modules.
 This is a pre-cautionary step when resource conflicts are suspected.
 The script is obvious and can be easily modified should you choose to
do so.

 Should you wish to avoid shutdown actions,
    Abort now with:     Ctrl-C
    or to continue:    Enterread: 23: arg count

Ethernet not detected.

With retention of power sensor and mouse drivers,
Initiating removals of unused modules with:
    modprobe -r ModuleName

    --  Action summary from file  Unload.txt ---
MODULES_INITIAL=cryptd aes_i586 aes_generic arc4 rtl8187 mac80211
cfg80211 eeprom_93cx6 binfmt_misc vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia
snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm
snd_timer snd psmouse soundcore snd_page_alloc ahci libahci

    modprobe -r   on:     cryptd aes_i586 arc4 rtl8187 binfmt_misc
vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm snd_timer snd soundcore snd_page_alloc
ahci libahci

MODULES_FINAL=binfmt_misc vesafb snd_hda_codec_hdmi nvidia
snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hwdep snd_pcm
snd_timer snd psmouse soundcore snd_page_alloc ahci libahci

Bye

ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ sudo modprobe agrserial
ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ lsmod | grep agr
agrserial              17833  0
agrmodem             1256425  1
snd_hda_codec          90901  4
agrmodem,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd                    55295  12
agrmodem,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer
ian@ian-laptop:~/Downloads/Unloading$ ls -l /dev/ttySAGR
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 2011-08-29 09:18 /dev/ttySAGR -> /dev/ttyAGS3