11c11040 Agere/LSI chipset support

With nice code updates done by Antonio, we are in promising effort to
restore support under post 2.6.32 kernels for the 11c11040 Agere/LSI
chipset modem, which is hosted as a Subsystem on some High Definition
Audio (HDA) cards.
Thus far Ian and Tony are the only testers, and we could use more, to
help distinguish between generic driver problems, and problems which
may be specific to particular hardware.

Please send a response to this email if you are interested, sending to
the List (not me).
Do send along a ModemData.txt output by scanModem, so we have some
details on your System.  Please entitle such emails
'11c11040 Agere/LSI, YourName" to enable easier tracking.

For some Systems at least, it may be necessary to shut down audio
fuction, to avoid conflict with the modem.
Under Ubuntu, this is a bit complex, so I'll skip details after we
assess whether this is universally necessary.

MarvS