Re: Clive Jones, england kernel 2.6.32-24-generic

Clive.

The modem symbolic link is /dev/modem -> ttySL0
The slmodemd set symbolic link is /dev/ttySL0 -> /dev/pts/1
--------
shows that the modem is already being propertly setup.  I presume you
have installed the sl-modem-daemon package, providing slmodemd.  So
the SLMODEMD package is unnecessary.

The modem should be detected by:
$ sudo wvdialconf

Edit in your personal information with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
putting in your personal information, while deleting symbols  ;   <  >
and adding a line
Carrier Check = no

Then try a dialout with:
$ sudo wvdial

Unfortunately successes with the  CHIP=0x10573055  have been rare.
Only one that I can recall.

Please send further messages to the list, not directly to me.

MarvS
scanModem maintainer