Re: U56LVP softmodem from polypower

Chris,

In principle, LSI/Agere 047e:2892 USB chipset modems should be
supported by either
agrsm06pci-2.1.80_20100106_i386.deb or
 agrsm-11c11040_20091225_i386.deb
 available at: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/

The code does carry the recognition data for 047e:2892
But the sad fact is that several with Agere USB modems have tested the
drivers without success.

Part of the problem may be that the Linux kernel stopped supporting
USB drivers with Proprietary code in the after kernels 2.6.25

Sadly,

MarvS
scanModem mantainer