Re: redhat network

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 12:13, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Ouch! That is part of the problem with Red Hat's free basic
> entitlements for RHN. If many more users run up2date "every 15
> minutes", RHN will be terribly busy all the time.
>
> Apart from that, there is no point in running up2date so often,
> because heavy load at RHN would kick a "free user" out of the
> service any time even if you managed to connect and start
> downloading packages.

I set my machines to check in after 1AM EDT. I stagger them a bit and
they only run once per day.

I had hoped that that time would be lighter traffic wise. Then if I have
a problem with the automatic one, I take care of it in the morning.

--
-=/>Thom
Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla) running Linux Kernel 2.4.18-10