Re: Time to Upgrade - Serial ATA Anyone?

My current understanding about Serial ATA is that there is currently no
performance increase over "Normal" ATA, but there should be in the
future when the drives get faster, and the PCI bus is replaced with
something faster. Also since yours is a Promise, I would not put it past
them to require a closed-source driver. However I am not familiar with
this board and would be happy to be proved wrong.

--
Chris Kloiber