smpeg shipped with null is foobared

Hi,

After an afternoon messing around with compiling a lot of SDL related
programs, I kept having problems with any app that links against
SDL_mixer failing to build with sound support.

ie (ltris):
checking for SDL - version >= 1.1.5... yes
checking for main in -lSDL_mixer... no
SDL_Mixer NOT found: Audio disabled

The programs find sdl-config and all the other SDL libs perfectly, after
some investigation, I ended up installing the smpeg version that came
with RedHat 7.3 and recompiling SDL_mixer from NUll to link against this
version.

Doing this does not effect any apps that are installed in null or any
third party apps) that reply on smpeg or SDL_mixer at all.
I ldd'd every single executable and *.so file that come with the
packages that require smpeg or SDL_mixer.

I will be entering a bug report regarding this later.

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;