Re: up2date-gnome has disappeared

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 15:02:57 +0100, tom wrote:

> > "up2date-gnome" depends on "up2date". Have you played
> > with "--nodeps" installations or anything like that?
>
> No, I can't see that option:
> [root@fish up2date]# up2date --nodeps
> usage: up2date [OPTIONS] [<packages>]

[snip]

Please stop flooding the list with things everyone has on its own
machine!

--nodeps is an RPM option.

When you run "up2date -u up2date-gnome" it would pull in "up2date",
too. Dunno why it didn't for you.

Earlier you have been toying with weird "rpm -i" installs of glibc
and wrong things like that. Hence my assumption you have upgraded
some packages manually instead of with up2date.

> > Have you ever ran "up2date-gnome"?!
> No, but I wondered what it might be since I saw it when I ran
>
> [root@fish cdy7rmf9.slt]# rpm -qa 'up2date*'
> up2date-2.9.46-1
> up2date-gnome-2.9.68-1

"up2date" is the text user interface, "up2date-gnome" is the
graphical user interface.

> > Also, could we please move all your up2date issues into
> > one single thread?
>
> By all means, but which one? OK I won't change the subject line if
> that helps.

What about one single thread about "getting up2date to work"? :)

All your problems with up2date belong to the same set. They
are better tracked in one thread.