Re: Up2Date / RPM error

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:30:07 +0100, tom wrote:

> OK it looks OK when I check with rpm -qa:
>
> [root@fish rpms]# rpm -qa 'up2date*'
> up2date-2.9.46-1
> up2date-gnome-2.9.68-1
> [root@fish rpms]# rpm -V up2date up2date-gnome | grep -v pyc$
> SM5....T c /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
> Unsatisfied dependencies for up2date-gnome-2.9.68-1: up2date = 2.9.68

You didn't notice the last line above, did you?

Run "up2date -u up2date". The earlier "up2date -u up2date-gnome"
should have pulled in the depending packages unless you have
played with --nodeps upgrades or anything like that.

Also, for people who ask questions on mailing-lists, it is good
practice to not reply to each reply as soon as they get it. Instead,
wait a bit until you receive all replies or at least several replies
from other subscribers.

> Ooops! I was trying to keep this problem secret as it seemed stupid to
>
> complain about the shell path variable not including /sbin and
> /usr/sbin, but I am still trying to figure how to change the env since
> the rc is global and makes no mention of paths.
>
> Here's what I see:
> [tom@fish tom]$ su
> Password:

I've commented on this in another mail. Use "su -" or "su -l root".

Do not add to the confusion by flooding the list with more and more
new problems. Take your time to read the replies and reply to
specific instructions.