Re: Evolution URL -> Galeon - open in existing window?

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 09:40, limbo-list-request@redhat.com wrote:
> So as it stands now there appears to be 3 different ways to set a
>
> Dear God!!!!!!! this really not good ...and so far the 2 methods ive
> tried to get evo to use galeon have failed...both wizards....
> default webbrowser..

You'll be pleased to note I've discovered another location to configure
a browser - in gconf-editor, under /desktop/gnome/applications/browser.

I'm not sure if this correlates to one of the three apps above. For
clarity (and so that we don't have to go digging through menus) here's
the apps' actual commandline invocations -

> htmlview config script

My ~/.htmlviewrc -
X11BROWSER="/usr/bin/galeon -n"

> preferred application wizard

gnome-default-applications-properties

(I have mine set to 'Custom: galeon -n %s')

> filetypes and programs wizard

gnome-file-types-properties

I added a service called internet, protocol 'http', Custom, calling
'galeon -n %s'.

And still, clicking on links in Evolution opens up a new window! Is
there any way to get Evo under null to open up links in an existing
Galeon window, ala

 -n, --new-tab                  Open a new tab in an existing Galeon
window

?

Sheesh. How confusing. Anyone want to shed some light on the right way
to configure a default browser in gnome 1.x and 2.x apps?

And all I wanted was evolution to open clicked URLs in a new tab within
an existing Galeon window. :(  <sniff>.

--
John Mora