Re: Open Office Writer vs. Abiword [was "Configuring metacity..."]

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:07:38AM -0500, Ted Clark wrote:

[snip]

>>2. It uses a really old-fashioned looking dark gray widget set, whereas
>>Abiword appears to be statically linked to GTK2 and matches the look of
>>other GNOME 2 applications.
>>

>Abiword AFAIK is not GTK2 but GTK1.2 still...

I just assumed that it was GTK2 based on the appearance of the toolbar
tabs and the arrows on dropdown lists.

>>BTW, does anyone know what GUI toolkit Open Office uses?  I thought most
>>development work was being done with GTK, Qt, and whatever Mozilla uses
>>now days, but I don't recognize the OO.org widgets at all.
>>

>OOo has its own. The look'n'feel is slightly themeable, but it should be
>of course improved.

IMO changing the default widget color from that dark #c5c2c5 gray to a
"Mozilla/GNOME2" #e6e5e6 or #e6e6e6 gray would go a long way toward
improving the appearance.  It wouldn't look so much like an old Motif
program.

TC

--

"Wow!  They've got the Internet on computers now!"  - Homer Simpson