Re: Evil genius idea? Was: nvidia for null.

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Shane R. Stixrud wrote:

>Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:53:27 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Shane R. Stixrud <shane@stixrud.org>
>To: limbo-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Evil genius idea? Was: nvidia for null.
>
>On 4 Sep 2002, Chris Kloiber wrote:
>
>Yes but this thread started out with one of the requirements of
>certification was for the vendor to supply Open Sourced driver source, and
>a free patent license for any patented technology.

That is true, but in the case of Nvidia, that wont ever happen.
For details, please search the Red Hat mailing list archives of
every distribution we've released in the last 4 years.  It's all
been discussed to death thousands of times, and no new
information or angle in the discussion has been brought up for
about 3 years.  Just repeated by new people.

Sorry...  just wanted to stop beating a very dead horse.

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer