Applications hiding behind gnome panels

Hi,

I have been having loads of problems, with certain programs going behind
the gnome panels, ie the file, edit close and so forth ( as I have a
menu panel on the top of the screen, as well as the normal panel on the
bottom).

In gnome 1.4 you could select whether to keep apps below these panels,
and now with Gnome2, it seems this has been removed.

Is there any way to get it to as as Gnome 1.4 and not allow programs to
fall behind the panels, as at times the only way is to kill the app.

I cannot seem to find any settings in the GConf Editor either for the
panels to affect this.

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;