SVG graphics for gdm theme

Hi,

I'm trying to create a theme for GDM using the circles theme as a
starting point.  I'm having a lot of trouble with creating an SVG
graphic for the background.  I've used sodipodi to create the graphic,
modified circles.xml to use the new svg in the svg item, and all I get
when I restart GDM is the circles theme with a grey-ish background.
(Which is definitely not what my SVG looks like.)

Are there any special requirements of the SVG?  Something I need to
modify somewhere that's not obvious?

the SVG: http://anduril.pams.ncsu.edu/~slack/red.svg
My version of circles.xml:
http://anduril.pams.ncsu.edu/~slack/circles.xml

Thanks,
Jack Neely

--
Jack Neely <slack@quackmaster.net>
Linux Realm Kit Administration and Development