RPM Packages log weirdness and other problems with null

Hi all,

Before I start I will say I am running null with all rawhide updates and
up2date updates. I am going to list the problems for confirmation and
any hints you guys and gals may have, but I feel with all these various
updates we need new ISO's to be sure of what is and what isn't bugs.

After the recent update/fixing of 'up2date' and finally being offered a
athlon kernel rather than a downgrade to i586 from i686 - I updated. :)
I looked at the RPM system log i.e. 'Gnome Menu -> System Tools ->
System Logs -> RPM Packages' and found some weirdness. Bar the Red bash
marked 'ksyoops*.rpm', I see that it is still reporting that only the
2.4.18-11 kernel is installed at this time and does not list the
2.4.18-12.5 which is also installed and in use. Does anyone else get
this?

Also I get the evolution mark as read crasher, but according to bugzilla
Owen from Red Hat has tracked this bug down and evolution-1.0.8-10 will
fix it - So I can skip this one. :)

When playing ogg audio with xmms, I get jumping in the audio. With no
other apps running it is hard to tell but it does happen. However if you
compile a large application it becomes alot more prominent. Does anyone
else get this? I do not get this with 7.3 on an identical system and
wonder if this is related to ripping out mp3.

Ok, a real question. How the hell do you add a new menu item to the
existing 'Gnome Menus'? I have been trying to figure it out and all I'm
doing is getting really frustrated. :)

Other than the above issues and lack of proper nvidia drivers - null
rocks!

Regards

Philip Wyett