Re: rhn applet doesn't know I've updated

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 11:50 am, Chip Turner wrote:
> "Gene C." <czar@acm.org> writes:

> > > I clicked on it and followed the prompts.  It went green for a while
> > > and is now blue with the check marks.  Seems fine now, but I sure
> > > wouldn't have known I had to click on it and follow prompts to get it
> > > that way.
> >
> > It appears that the first time a user logs in with rhn-applet running it
> > needs to be double clicked so it can be configured.  May Red Hat (Chip)
> > could add a bit of code to detect this condition and invoke the configure
> > process or at least provide a tooltip that "Double click, I need to be
> > configured".
>
> Nothing in the applet requires double clicking.  If you don't have a
> ~/.rhn-applet.conf file (or if it doesn't have the consent flag set to
> 1, if it is present) then you go throught he first-time wizard.  It
> will immediately start as the throbbing red exclamation symbol in this
> case.  If you have consented, it will be a checkmark unless there is a
> problem.
>
> Try removing your ~/.rhn-applet.conf file and see if you can replicate
> it, but I can't make the applet behave like you're describing.  What
> version are you running?

I did what you suggested and would say it is behaving correctly.  A single
click on the  throbbing red exclamation symbol opened the dialog to
initialize the applet operation and it worked correctly after closing the
dialog.  Sorry about the post - I just didn't understand the initialization
scenario. Here is my version info.

[gerry@gstpc gerry]$ rpm -q rhn-applet
rhn-applet-2.0.0-24
[gerry@gstpc gerry]$