Re: "DOS" in Boot Loader Config

----- Original Message -----
From: "jdow" <jdow@earthlink.net>
To: <limbo-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: "DOS" in Boot Loader Config

> I cannot see any reason why even an attosecond should be devoted to this
> change. Look at how well "Windows" treats Linux installs.

It smoothens out the installation experience for the new user.  We continue
to call it "DOS" despite the fact that they are most definitely not using
DOS?  Many younger computer users these days perhaps have never even seen
DOS.

Yes Window is very hostile toward Linux.  Even after all these years, their
latest operating system Windows .NET beta still calls a Linux partition
"Unknown" in its disk manager tool.  They continue refuse to acknowledge the
existence of Linux because it would further legitimize us as a competitor.

By acknowledging the existence of Windows in our own operating system, we
show some of our greatest strengths in coexistence and interoperabity, while
making the installation experience smoother and less confusing for the new
user.

Are we really the better group for using the same tactics of refusing to
work smoothly with competitors?

Warren Togami
warren@togami.com