bandwidth was (Re: 3rd limbo beta?)

John wrote:

>On Tuesday 13 August 2002 02:51, Elton Woo wrote:
>

>>AFAIK this "wasted
>>bandwidth"
>>was a REAL concern back
>>

>Still is. Lots of people _pay_ for this junk. Even for those who don't, it
>wastes time.

Pardon my ignorance, but WHY is discussing the possiblity of a THIRD BETA
in a BETA discussion group "junk"???? I see a somewhat long thread
concerning the
"flower" greeter in the gdm login. Is *that* so much more important than
a third
beta with things such as up2date, etc fixed _before_ a final GA release?

    I don't see anyone getting upset or beefing about "wasted bandwith"
about posts
such as (to cite just *one* example) :

> Bill Sheehan wrote:
>
>>On 12 Aug 2002, Carlos 'Fjrb' Almeida wrote:
>>

>>>No more penguins ! :)
>>>
>>>I mean you find a flower intrusive, but not a penguin ... ? He'd be
>>>there, looking at you, probing your every facial move, thing a flower
>>>clearly does not do.
>>>

>>Aren't you the guy I saw biting the heads off Keebler elf cookies and
>>screaming "Stop staring at me!" ?
>>
>>The flower didn't survive for long on my system.  I replaced it with a
>>picture of a sad clown and a wide-eyed waif riding a tiger across the
>>Golden Gate bridge...
>>
>>-- Bill
>>"I don't know much about art, but I know what I like."
>>		- Lyndon Baines Johnson

            PLEASE, let's be sensible, and not be too busy seeing the wood
for the trees that we lose the main objective ot this discussion group,
which
is discuss BETA software (*including* how many of 'em before final GA).

            cordially,

            Elton Woo.

--
eltonwoo@videotron.ca - ICQ #149608718 - Montreal (Quebec), CANADA.