Re: Gnome terminal crash

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 17:25, RMurphy@globeground-na.com wrote:
> When I have a gnome terminal open, use the right click menu to mount, then
> unmount my either of my CD-ROM drives, the terminal crashes.  This may be a
> stupid question, but what do I file this bug against (assuming it has not
> been filed)?  Is this a gnome terminal issue, or nautilus killing it for
> some reason, or something else entirely?  Has anyone else seen this
> behavior?

I can also vouch for the crashes as well, I'm running:

gnome-terminal-2.0.1-1 & vte-0.7.2-1

The crashes seem random as well and not fixed, I had neither cdrom or
nautilus open, but the terminal kept segfaulting all the time, I can be
on one terminal or with several tabs open (this behavior never happened
on a stock gnome-terminal that I compiled for my Valhalla system, so it
seems it may be a RH incompatibility somewhere, but I may be wong).

Whether it makes any difference, I have just upgraded vte to
vte-0.7.3-1, I'll report back to see if that helps at all.

Mark
--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;