Re: Beta upgrade.....

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Michael Evaniuck wrote:

> I downloaded and install the first beta a while ago and shortly after
> removed it from my machine. I got some time now and was thinking of
> installing it again but the current Beta is 2. Can I install Beta 1 and
> upgrade online to 2 or do I need to download new ISO sets.
 Yes in theory, though up2date in limbo1 was rather shaky, and didn't work
for me until almost limbo2 anyway. Also if you up2date from limbo1 to
limbo2, you may find up2date stops working due to a server side setting.
Probably the answer to your question depends on how easy it is for you to
download limbo2, if you can do so relatively easily, then go for limbo2.
Also, it is probably more useful to RedHat's debugging efforts if you go
straight to limbo2.

	Michael Young