Re: DirectFB

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 04:04, Michael Rothwell wrote:
> This is a question more about future releases than about Limbo. Has Red
> hat evaluated DirectFB? It seems like a good solution for the
> embedded/small-system space. It also seems like it will grow up into a
> system useful for general desktop use.

Yes, I agree with you completely. Also it will be a good alternative to
X-Window System in desktop use because of its native hardware
acceleration. But DirectFB unfortunately has a very poor driver/card
support :( May be in the future we can have much more fast native gui
for the desktop powered by Directfb.
But I also consider the statement which is announced in KDE's site
saying that they will never replace X-Window skeleton. Maybe Gnome will
:))

--
Hakan Terzioglu