Reiserfs as Root Filesystem?

I wanted to see if I could force the use of reiserfs as the root filesystem
since anaconda does not provide that choice. I used the following method:

Booted from the install CD in recscue mode.

Used fdisk to create the partitions.

Used mkreiserfs to format the partitions.

Ran a anormal install.

Choose to NOT reformat the root partition; install proceeded with no errors.

But problems soon followed.

Everything appeared to run well on the first boot, but the system seemed
sluggish. After repeated rebootings, there was an inidcation that the
filesystem was unmounted uncleanly (I always shut down correctly)  and it
wanted to run fsck (no ext3 filesystems exist on this system). After a few
reboots, I would always be dropped to the filesystem repair "shell" and
finally could not boot normally. Upon examination, a file named "halt" was
found in the root directory.

A sloution was provided by deleting the halt file and making a new initrd. I
no longer get erroneous filesystem fsck warnings and disk i/o as measured by
hdparm -t has increased.

I suppose a better fix is to compile support for reiserfs into the kernel?

Bug?
Feature?

--
Hoyt